topbella

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review Afterlight by Elle Jasper

Savannah's most unconventional tattoo artist, Riley Poe, lives on the edge. Now she's put over the edge when her younger brother is taken by a sinister cult led by vampires. Her only ally is the hot-tempered vampire Eli Dupre, attracted to Riley's beauty and rare blood type. To save her brother from certain un-death, Riley faces dangers she's never dreamed of, ruthless bloodthirsty enemies, and an evil of endless hunger that wants to devour it all...




Ok, here we go. What can I say about a book I was expecting to be amazing?? Well, It wasn't at all. 
Writing about vampires it's nothing but new, so we can say it's a little bit hard to come up with  something unexpected on the paranormal books market. I loved the cover, I'm not gonna make a secret of that, but there're some really annoying aspects about this reading I didn't like it.  

First, Riley Poe is an uncommon character, and yeah that's a really good thing, so I'm gonna let it go cause I guess I'm just fine with her. She had had a really bad background (by the way, I wonder why she doesn't feel guilty about her mother's dead o_0?) but she had succeed on that and had came up with an  ink shop and takes care of  her younger brother. Riley is an strong character like a few ones more. 

When her brother Seth becomes involved in problems, she doesn't even think about putting all she has to  protect and help him even if that means been in touched with vampires. Sooo, here's when we met Eligius Dupre (since he's french and from like two centuries ago I'm not gonna make fun of that ridiculous name XDD) but if you are part of his family or some hot-ink-shop-owner you can call him just Eli :D Yeah, he's a vampire and...he's attracted by Riley and her unique-type-blood. Ohh, I forgot to mention that?? Sorry!? 

Like I said, it's a little bit hard come up with something new about vampires. Some hot-dangerous-but-irresistible-guy isn't enough to capt the reader attention. All of us know vampires sucks blood, only show up at night, and that they live like...forever?? Yeah, Elle Jasper made an original intent trying to add the Gullah magic but I don't think it's enough either. 

Besides, the chapters are soooo long, even to be a book with a pocket edition. The first part is simply boring. So many descriptions and so little action. I think the best of the book it's the sexual tension between Riley and Eli, and even that it's boring because, seriously, how many time have we read about the same? 

I feel disappointed and a don't think I'm gonna run to amazon or bookdepository to buy the next book :P 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

 
Book Soul© Designed by: Compartidisimo