topbella

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review of Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson


Melinda Sordino busted an end-of-summer party by calling the cops. Now her old friends won't talk to her, and people she doesn't even know hate her from a distance. The safest place to be is alone, inside her own head. But even that's not safe. Because there's something she's trying not to think about, something about the night of the party that, if she let it in, would blow her carefully constructed disguise to smithereens. And then she would have to speak the truth. This extraordinary first novel has captured the imaginations of teenagers and adults across the country



My thoughts about this book? Well I loved the story of this girl..she has been through a lot of things, but I have to say that I don't really love the way the author wrote the book..umm I don't know it's kind of confusing. So... when Melinda finally start high school she thinks that she could make new friends I don't know someone that haven't heard about her yet..but unfortunately she was wrong almost everyone  knew about that party at the end of the summer in the one of course nothing good happened, specially to her.
Well to start I don't really like the character of Melinda. Yes, I feel really sorry for her but the way she solve the problems are not the best. I mean why she didn't  tell anyone about what happened to her! It's really frustrating! I swear I was reading the book and I was like "Speak Melindaaa speak for God sake do something!" I know I took it way too serious (lol) but it feels like that! 
Then its Heather..such a hypocrite! ugh! to be honest I kinda like her at first because she was being so good with Melinda but then she change like A LOT  and really fast!..Yes Heather I know that being popular feels good, but you seriously couldn't be more rude like for real!
Rachel: The popular girl that changes her name more than once in a week because she truly believe she has to experience every culture (at least I see it that way) I mean she changes yeah but all depends of the person she is hanging out with in that moment!..Ohh forgot to say..she'll do what ever to go out with Andy Beast 
Andy Beast: Andddd here we go the moment we were all waiting for! Andy Beast the typical popular guy! the one every single girl in the school wants to be with even knowing he's a jerk and has a pretty long bad reputation but hey! that's not a problem because he's cute! T____T 
Anyway besides all I have said I did enjoy the book..lets say it was a good experience :D yeah lets keep it like that! oh by the way if you going to read it I can tell you that you going to enjoy the revenge of Melinda! aha! well with nothing else to say Good night! <3
















!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

 
Book Soul© Designed by: Compartidisimo