topbella

Friday, September 14, 2012

Review: On Thin Ice by PJ Sharon


Seventeen year old figure skater Penny Trudeau has secrets. She’s not perfect, as hard as she tries to be. With a mother who is dying and a father who treats her like she’s invisible, Penny has every reason to lie. To escape the life that is spinning out of control, she falls into the arms of an older boy. But when she lies about her age and he finds out the truth, Penny loses the one good thing that has happened in a long time.

Carter McCray is the hockey hunk she falls for, but Carter has his own family drama, and he’s not looking for trouble. Penny proves to be the exception, until the truth comes out and he can’t get past the betrayal—or her father’s threats.

Can Penny find her way back into Carter’s heart, or will she have to face the harsh realities of life on her own? Penny’s choices lead her down a dangerous road and the secrets she’s keeping will change her world forever.

When I first started reading this book I thought that the fact itself that the main character's mother had cancer was a big idea to write about. It's always interesting knowing how people handle this kind of situations. But then the whole book started becoming a BIG DRAMA. Page after page Penny started going through an endless list of dramatic situations. 

I think her mother's illness and getting pregnant were enough to turn Penny's character into a touching one, but all the others problems were too much for me. 

I didn't like the relationship between Penny and Carter. In my opinion, it was all too fast and little credible, and I either liked his actions after they break up. On the other hand, I love the relationship between Penny and her sister Sarah. I would have loved having a sister as supportable as her. 

I don't think On Thin Ice is a story of an average teen life. Don't get me wrong, what I mean it's I don't think there's so many teen girls who go through so many hard situations. The author writing style is simple and easy to read what it's fine but like I say before there's so much drama in the whole book. In resume, I was expecting a more credible story. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

 
Book Soul© Designed by: Compartidisimo